Friday, October 16, 2009

New Callings

Dennis and I recieved new callings in the Spanish Branch... Young Mens & Young Womens presidents! I love working with the youth and I'm glad that they kept me in the young womens after the former president moved out of the branch. I'm so lucky, but a little overwhelmed!

I'm digging through my memory tring to remember some of the good mutual activities I've done in the past... I've got a few ideas but I wanted to know what's worked for other people! I would like to have the youth plan and organize as much of it as possible, but I want to give them suggestions to kind of help them get started. I would also like to hear about any service projects that have been good experiences.

So... Any ideas???

2 comments:

  1. Alea! That is great! Es muy bueno! I will be reflecting on my past mutual activities and I will get back to you. Here is one for starters, my in-laws work in the baptistry of the temple every week. They always have young men or young women groups coming in. One time, when they got to their car after the shift the mutual group had left a simple thank you note on the windshield with a little candy thing attached...something like "Thanks for working at the temple tonight, you're a lifesaver." So basically the youth had put these notes on all of the cars after they did baptisms...I don't know how they knew which ones were the temple workers though. Hm...anyway. Just an idea at random because it popped in to my head. I'll have to e-mail more ideas later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Kayla... We were doing baptisms with the youth last friday and we got a note like that on our car! I was a little worried at first that it would be some anti-literature, but it was kinda fun to get that nice note!

    Gracias por las ideas!

    ReplyDelete