Thursday, January 21, 2010

Project #2- Wipes Case

So cute, so easy, and no sewing!
(Sorry, I'm not a photographer, and I don't know how to flip the pictures the right way)
Tutorials can be found all over the internet, but I just had to play around with it until I figured out what I liked. Basically, all you need is:
  • Diaper wipes case (found mine at the dollar store)
  • Fabric (found mine in the remnant bin at JoAnn's)
  • 1/4 in ribbon for trim (opaque is best, this is what covers your rough edges of the fabric)
  • Glue gun
  • Embellishments (buttons, ribbon, flowers, gemstones... The possibilities are endless!)

All you need to do is lay the case on the fabric and trim to fit. I found it easiest to glue on one side of fabric, then trim the side next to it, glue it, trim the next side, etc. until you get all the way around. You don't want the fabric to go past the edge of the case. Then glue your ribbon so it's flush with the edge of the case, being careful not to glue the container shut. Add embellishments and voila! Cute little wipes case clutch thingy.

*Some people padded thier cases by gluing on felt or batting before adding fabric, but I just used the fabric and I think it looks great. You can change it up by using two or more pieces of fabric sewn together to create a stripe, or use a fancy trim (just make sure it's a straight edge).*

Happy wiping!

No comments:

Post a Comment