Monday, January 25, 2010

Project #4- Hanging Closet Organizers

So I saw these whilst looking for baby stuff online and decided that I could so make my own hanging closet organizers...

And tuh-dah! Here's my rendition:

*Side note/Spoiler Alert*

If you are someone expecting a baby soon and I will be attending your baby shower, there's a good chance that many of these projects I'm posting will be gifts from me. So sorry if I ruined the surprise!

Ok. I looked all over the craft store for something to use that would hang like I wanted it to, and decided that foam would do the trick. So I bought a packet of foam sheets for $8 and these cute foam stickers... I then went to the Dollar Tree for something and found this (pictured below) packet of foam sheets for $1. I then immediately returned the $8 package to the craft store. :)


I cut the foam sheets in half, used my mom's scrapbooking corner-rounder-puncher thingy, used a medicine bottle lid to trace a circle, and cut out the hole in the middle.


I used little sports balls for my soon-to-be nephew's set.

Here's the whole set of boys and girls:


I've found that the foam stickers work the best on these little projects. I couldn't find foam number stickers anywhere and used scrapbook stickers instead. They don't like to stay on very well, but writing with permanent marker works fine too!
I think I might make some for my own closet... :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow Alea!!!! Just wanted to let you know, I will for sure be stealing each of your ideas when I have a baby. Don't be surprised when you come to my house and its identical to yours! haha!

    ReplyDelete