Monday, October 24, 2011

Baby #2

Wow, have I not posted about this yet? I am such a failure at blogging/journaling these days.  Did you know we were expecting baby #2?! The due date is April 23rd (the day before Clara turns two) but the doctor said since Clara was early this one will probably be early too. Everyone asks if we want a boy this time around, and my response is that eventually, yes I would like a boy but either way I'm just happy that all my maternity clothes are the right season. ;-) Plus if it's a girl then all the sizes we have from Clara's clothes will be the right season too. Hopefully we'll be able to find out the gender some time around Thanksgiving, and maybe then we'll think more seriously about names. 

Right now I'm 14 weeks along (yay for 2nd trimester!) and these scans were from my last Dr. appointent. We had already had the "10 week" ultrasound (which determined that my baby was much closer to 8 1/2 weeks so they pushed my due date back to where it is now.) And those pictures were nice, but the baby was still quite young to really see anything other than a gummy bear. It didn't move then either. When I went in three weeks ago Dr. Allen (who happened to be the one who delivered Clara- he's awesome!) couldn't find the heartbeat. Naturally, I panicked the whole time waiting to get the ultrasound (and waiting, and waiting- the ultrasound tech wasn't in yet) but as soon as baby #2 came up on the screen I could tell it was just fine. It was swimming around in circles and kicking and stretching and the tech confirmed that everything looked great. Phew! And we got some cool pictures too...



Muscles!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't tell you how happy this is!!! You are such a cute family. Love you so much and miss you so bad!

    ReplyDelete