Since this blog has become a journal of sorts, I figure I should have record of the little things that Clara says and does that I just won't remember if I don't put it down somewhere.
A few weeks ago we had company over and we tried to put Clara to bed in her pack n' play in our room. Well, that didn't work. It took her all of .25 seconds to escape. The next night when she was back to her crib, she though she'd try and escape from there too. I'm sure she could have gotten out before, she just never realized it was possible until that night! The thought of her diving over the rails of her crib scared me half to death, so the next night we tried her in her twin bed. I was seriously skeptical. This kid hasn't been one to just fall asleep at night, and especially takes a while to fall asleep for her afternoon nap.
It was a little traumatic at first with her banging on the door and crying sad sobs for "mommy!" and "daddy!" but it only lasted a few minutes and she went right back to her bed and even tucked herself in. She does much better than I thought she would. It's still not perfect... Like today she just spent an hour running around her room and knocking on the walls (we took all the toys out) but most of the time she'll eventually end up in her bed...
I'm glad that she's taken to it so well so we don't have to worry about it when baby #2 needs to go from the bassinet to the crib. Now my question is how the heck do a 2 year old and a 3 month old sleep in the same room??? Does any sleeping actually take place?!?
It is a roller-coaster ride. I thought I finally had it down and now David climbs in to Nate's crib. I don't anticipate this little trick of his lasting long. More often than not it works well though. For a while we would move a sleeping Nathan in to the bedroom where a sleeping David was and they would wake up in the same room. When we finally started putting them to bed in the same room at the same time I thought their cries would keep each other up but for some reason it didn't wake the other up at all...and sometimes David would be crying and kicking the door and Nate would sleep through the whole thing.
ReplyDelete