We were in the hospital for almost exactly 24 hours from the time we got checked in (an hour and ten minutes before she was born) until after lunch the next day. The hospital experience with May was quite different than Clara's. Maybe it's because I've already been the mom of a newborn but we were pretty much left alone to enjoy our sweet little girl. I remember feeling overwhelmed with Clara because nursing wasn't going so well, I was in a considerable amount of pain, and I didn't have the slightest idea what I should be doing. Not that I feel like I know what I'm doing now, but Maylee's hospital stay was quick and comfortable. :-)
She really didn't need much of anything; we have all of Clara's baby clothes and things still. I didn't go too crazy making things for her, but I felt like she needed a few things just for her... I crocheted her hat (that doesn't stay on) and sewed her a huge receiving blanket.
They are just so tiny in their car seats when they first come home!
My mom got me my favorite flowers...
...And a balloon for Clara.
When we got home Dennis went straight to tummy time with Maylee while listening to Rush Limbaugh... This is becoming a new-baby ritual of his. I think this was his and Clara's favorite when she was little.
She's been home for a week and a half now and we're slowly adjusting to being a family of four. The past four nights she has awoke every three hours to eat and then gone back to sleeping. I hope this has become a routine for her because it makes for one happy, (relatively) well-rested momma! Sometimes I can even get her to sleep during Clara's nap time, but that seems to be her wakeful time of day. Our branch has also been awesome and brought us yummy dinners every night this week. Our tummies and fridge and hearts are full!
Seriously... Where have the past 12 days gone?










She is so beautiful! Glad to hear everything is going so well. You're an awesome mama!
ReplyDelete