Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Independence Day

I'm pretty sure this was the first 4th of July since I've known Dennis (so 5 years ago! Geesh how time has flown!) that we didn't spend at the Hollister breakfast... So we had to make sure we'd at least have a yummy breakfast to try and compensate. Mom had some fun setting it all up...



Yes, we eat cupcakes for breakfast! 



After breakfast we played... And then napped on the lawn...
 
And the boys constructed the world's craziest home-made water slide....


See videos of the test runs here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnkDxwaxY0w&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ZhLMk6Adc&feature=youtu.be

We headed back to Twin to watch the fireworks display from Canyon Ridge.



Family picture attempt #1...

Family picture attempt #8... And these were the best two! Oh well.

This is a little unrelated to Independence Day, but a couple of days ago I looked out the window at my daisies and noticed they had a crazy orange/yellow color cast, even though it was hours away from sunset. I walked outside to see this...


It's kind of eerie these days when it's hazy and "dark" outside in the mid-day heat...

2 comments:

  1. That is probably the cutest breakfast I have ever seen. You always make sure everything looks amazing! Also, I think both family photos were a success:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous everything!! Clara's getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete