Sunday, October 18, 2015

Clara & Maylee Say the Darndest Things (pt. 6)

She's playing with her toy dinosaurs and asks, "How are we going to keep the creditors from taking their babies?!" ...I think she means predators... maybe?

"Clara, will you vacuum the living room please?"
"But I need to make some phone calls!"
"Well make your phone call, then vacuum the living room."
"But I need to make as many phone calls as it takes to vacuum the living room!"

Some upbeat music comes on Pandora and the girls hop up and start dancing and Clara exclaims, "This song makes me wiggle my bum!"


Maylee has started talking more in complete sentences and sometimes she entertains us with not only the things she says, but the way she says it...

May's no monkey. May's DRAGON! Raaawr!

Everything she does (extraordinary or otherwise) is accompanied with a "Tah dah!" or a "Whoo hoo!" She's her own cheerleader.

She calls Clara "Nanah" and has even shortened it to "Nan!" It's kind of stuck and we all call her Nan now.


I wrote most of the above, probably a year ago and have saved this in drafts since then. Oh these kids make me laugh! Here are a few recent ones...

We asked Clara what her teacher was going to say at her parent-teacher conferences in a couple days. She laughed shyly and said "She's going to say I'm the medium height of good"


After one of the many times in one day that Maylee was in timeout (which is her room- I can't physically restrain her to the timeout bench anymore)...
"Mom, I want out!"
"Well May, what do you need to do to get out of timeout?" (Usually involves acknowledgment of wrongdoing and an apology)
She tells me with her best "well duh" kind of voice... "uh, open the door!"

Sometimes I like to drive the long way home and look at houses. The girls always like to give their input as to which house designs they like best. 
"That is an awesome house! It has a swing set!"
"No, that is an awesome house. It has a dog!"
"No, that is the most awesome house. It has lots of bikes!!!"

"Mom, help me slaughter my baby doll!"
"Uh... what???"
"Help me slaughter her!... You know... Wrap her up in a blanket."


"Maylee, I'm going to send you to timeout if you don't stop."
Maylee laughs.
"You like timeout don't you?"
"Uh huh," she says with a big grin.
"What don't you like?"
"Being good," she says with another big grin...
Too true. Too true. 


1 comment:

  1. These are so cute. "Slaughter the baby doll" was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete