(38.5 weeks!)
Your dad and I are very excited to get to meet you soon! We've been watching you grow for a long time now. Yesterday I visited the doctor and he says that I'm ready, it's just up to you to decide when labor will start. He suggested that I go home and talk to you, so that is why I am writing you this letter.
On Monday we got quite the surprise, didn't we? My cheerleaders had been planning an end of the year "cheer banquet" that actually turned out to be a baby shower. I had no idea! What sweet (and sneaky!) girls we know! We had a very yummy BBQ, played games, and you got some really cute gifts. Aren't you excited to meet my amazing cheerleaders?
Also if you didn't know, the rain has stopped and the sun is shining! The wind may be blowing just a bit, but you will get used to that living in Idaho. I'm sure the weather man would agree with me that any of the next few days would make a great birthday!
I don't know if you've noticed, but I think my stress levels have gone down dramatically today. If you were as uncomfortable as I was, you probably remember sitting in the testing center for a few hours yesterday. Well, don't worry because that was the last final I had to take this semester! I have been working very hard to get all of my school work done three weeks early so that I wouldn't be distracted from you once you were born. And now, my darling daughter, you have my full attention!
I am grateful that you have been such a good girl and waited this long. I think Heavenly Father knows how much I wanted you to be healthy, and how much I wanted to get my school work done before you came. I'm just letting you know that I'd be so so very happy if you came now! But if not, we'll wait... Just don't wait too long because the doctors don't like to wait. So... anytime in the next two weeks would be great!
I can't wait to see you!
Love,
your mom
You look great! Cute post! I can't wait to see her!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Your brother told me at church, though he was sketchy on the details.
ReplyDeleteYou wrote this letter and posted it and were in labor 12 hours later. Clara is such an obedient daughter.
ReplyDelete