So Tuesday we had her wellness visit at the doctor's office. Everything was perfect except the fact that she had lost a lot of weight- too much weight. She was born 6lb 5oz and was down to 5lb 10oz. That's an 11% decrease in body weight. The dr had us supplement her feedings with formula to see if we could get her back on track. I was seriously depressed because I felt like I couldn't give her what she needed. The past two days have gone much better though, and at her follow-up dr visit today she had gained 4oz. Yay! That was more than the dr's goal, so Clara (and mom) are doing a good job! We only need to supplement with formula for a few more days.
That's pretty much it for the update. We are so happy to have our precious little girl at home with us. She is adorable and we love her so much! I can't post about her without a picture so here you go. :)
Oh she is BEAUTIFUL! How fun it is to look at your pictures! I can't believe you have a baby! I can't believe I have a baby!
ReplyDeleteDavid's weight was a little down at first but he was born at 8 pounds to begin with so perhaps is wasn't quite as critical to supplement his feedings. Only now at 6 months, he is totally independent and hardly wants anything to do with breastfeeding. That stinker. So I know how you feel about being depressed about not giving her what she needs. I have to give David formula quite a bit now. But I guess the key is just to go with the flow. But it is hard when you had something else envisioned with your baby.
She is beautiful! Congratulations. Thanks for letting us know.
ReplyDeleteOh man Alea, she is just gorgeous!!!! You three have such a beautiful family. I'm so happy for you, you will make the best mommy!!! Keep me updated on her!
ReplyDelete