First, yard-saling:
Don't mind Clara's blanket... That was a gift from mom.
Rocking chair: $10 (Great condition, squeaks a little, and at first smelled like grandma perfume... not so bad anymore)
New Balance Shoes: $3 (looks like they've never been worn)
Boots: $3 (worn in quite well)
Cool Old Samsonite Suitcase: 50 cents! (There are a few water stains inside, but works great! I was so stoked when I found it... Now what do do with it?)
And my favorite things (not pictured)
2 pairs of my size jeans (long length, mind you): $1 each (and one is a pair of Silvers!)
2 farm windows: $3 & $2 (he knocked off a buck because one of the panes had a crack) I've seen these things go for ten times as much in craft shops. I can't wait to jazz them up. I will have to show you when I do. :)
And now, one of my favorite deals from a local thrift shop... The BAG SALE!
The deal: Stuff two grocery bags with as many clothing/shoe items as possible. All for $5!!!!
I went a little crazy in the dress section. The two dresses in the middle are perfect to wear as-is. The red polka-dot number is currently being "refashioned." I bought the dresses/skirts on the left to refashion or cut up and use the fabric (cheaper than buying fabric in the store!) I found some cute toddler clothes for Clara, and a couple pairs of shoes for me. ALL FOR $5!!! That's like 25 cents per item. REDICULOUS!
I can't wait until the next bag sale!
Awesome! Your quite the thrift shopper.
ReplyDelete5$ for all that! AMAZING! I want to see the refashion of it all! And the 2 farm windows for that cheap? Jealous. Definitely want to see the outcome of those.
ReplyDeleteRachael