Monday, January 16, 2012

Gone a thriftin' - Baby style!


So I've been working on lots of organizing projects lately, but they're all just *almost* finished, so I'll have to wait for after pics to do posts on them. :)

Today was a fun day... Dennis had the day off and spent it on the farm. G-pop was missing hanging out with Clara so he volunteered to kidnap her for the afternoon so I could do some organizing this morning and later mom and I could run some errands. We went to the craft stores (and I picked up some 90% off Christmas clearance- Yes!) and ate lunch at Tse (my favorite Chinese restaurant) and lastly headed to Once Upon a Child (a children's clothing & accessories consignment shop.) Every once and a while they have a sale where anything with a red slash on the price tag is a dollar and we found lots of cute outfits. SCORE!

Clara was a small newborn. Even the newborn size outfits just drowned her the first few weeks, and I didn't have very many of them for her so I decided this little girl could use some "new" things. I love those little all-in-one sleep n' play outfits for infants, so that's what I stocked up on... and all but one of them were a dollar!
 

A few other little outfits... A cute jacket for the fall, a zippered sleep sack (Clara slept in those a lot too- I think we only had one or two of them though!) and the cutest little soft nb cords. All a dollar. :)
 
I saw this set and just about died from cuteness. $2.50 for three of the cutest little cowgirl onesies I've ever seen? SOLD! I really don't think they were ever worn or washed.
 
 All of the clothes combined cost lest than one "new" outfit would have (and mom paid for them- thanks mom!) 

And lastly a few things that I never splurged on for Clara, but thought I would this time around... A practically new co-sleeper for $12, a car mirror (that needs a little cleaning) for $3.50 and a changing pad for $12. I need to sew a cover for it (or just splurge and spend $15 bucks on one at Wally's).

I really really hate shopping. It gives me anxiety. But for some reason, thrifting just makes me giddy! If this baby were a boy, it would be a totally different story, but as far as stuff goes I am feeling ready for baby #2 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment