Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Clara says the darndest things Pt. 3

"I am fast awake!"

"I wanna eat some mashedapedos!"
 
Every time I'm working on editing wedding pictures she feels the need to bring up,
"I touched the wedding cake!"
(and indeed, yes, she did touch the wedding cake at least twice at Aunt Kristin's reception and once at another wedding at our branch. She's not allowed to go to weddings anymore!)

"Are we having German flapjacks?" (aka. German pancakes)

"We're supposed to do our sponsibilities!"

"Wet's talk about sings." ("Let's talk about things")... Usually right before we shut her bedroom door for the night. She's the queen of stalling!)

"I wanna talk about Jesus!!!" (banging on the door... It's really hard to try and put your little girl to bed when she wants to talk about Jesus)

"Don't diaper change me!"

She says her own prayers without promptings sometimes, and they're pretty darn cute... "Sank you for dis day, please bess Aunt Kati, please bess Jace, please bess Sharlene, please bess Aunt Kati again, (and lists everyone she can think of, sometimes twice)... please bess I can touch the ceiling, please bess spin in circles, ... Oh and please bess the food!"

"Maylee, I wish you wouldn't do that." (Because she never hears, "Clara, I wish you wouldn't do that!"from me... haha!)

"That will freak me up!" (I might also say "freak out" a bit too often as well... Not sure where freak up comes from though)

"I bought cookies and cream!... And butt paste!" (She goes on pretend shopping trips, and I guess diaper rash cream is a very important purchase to her!)

"I need to eat some razors." (Her word for raisins... I was a bit concerned when I first heard that one)

"I'm not being reverent!" She shouts as she is being taken out of sacrament meeting for misbehavior.

"What in da world is this?" (It's like I'm listening to a recording of myself) Or, "What the heck!" (I'm not too proud of that one)

"I'll give this to ya!" Emphasis on the "yuh." ...I've taught my daughter to talk hick!

She's very particular about how you eat the pretend food she's prepared. For example:
"Here's your watermelon! ...No! Eat it on the plate!"
"Oh, okay."
"...No! Eat it with your fork on the plate! ...No! We have to wash it off first!"

"Ouch milk. You're hurting me!" She tells the full gallon jug of milk as she's trying to heft it from the fridge to the counter...

You know how little boys are really good at sound effects? How they make their cars and planes sound like the real thing? Well Clara has her own way of making sound effects for her pretend play. The first time we've witnessed this is with her new play kitchen. She makes the beeping sounds when she's pushing the microwave buttons, but when she turns on the water she says, "water water water." I'm not sure I have ever laughed so much. She has continued to use this "wash wash wash" "eat eat eat" and my favorite when she goes into her blanket fort to play with her cousins (who are, of course, only with her by pretend) she says, "play play play play."

Clara is sick today and is saying some of the funniest things...
"Mom, do you know this song?" (random melody, sing-song voice) "It is snowing outside, Clara the girl is sick and drinks chocolate milk, she is so sick, and I think it's dark and bed tiiiiiiiiime!... Do you know that song? Can you sing it for me?"

On Valentines Day after Dennis and I tucked her in for bed she said, "Goodnight Daddy Valentine! Goodnight Mommy Valentine!"   ...Both our hearts just melted!



She's our fun, big, little girl! We love her so much. I'm afraid potty training is still a work in progress. When we're home she wears big girl underwear and hardly has an accident, but I put her in a pull up when we're out of the house and the success rate is only about 50%. I don't know if that's because we're out and about and have too many distractions, or she's wearing a pull-up, or she doesn't want to go on the big potty (she prefers the little training potty at home) or probably a combination of everything. I'm just nervous to take her out of the house without a pull up on! Any advice???

1 comment:

  1. I loved that. One of the things that had me secretly dying of laughter that Ty used to say is, "I want to brush my teets" (she was having a hard time saying teeth and as hard as we worked for a couple of weeks this is what she would yell as she was getting really sick of me correcting her.
    As far as the potty trainig thing goes, my advise would be to just go for it and lose the pull up because no matter what we call them, they know what they are really- diapers. I noticed that Ty was a lot more apathetic towards potty training when we used pull ups. We are in the thick of night time potty training and wearingunder wear exclusively right now. If you are concerned about accidents in public, you could always use the plastic liners that go over cloth diapers from walmart (they are white and Gerber brand) to put over her underwear when you go out. Then accidents will still be uncomfortable for her but won't have to be for anyone else.

    ReplyDelete