Tuesday, January 22, 2013

5th Anniversary

Saturday was the big #5...
 
FIVE YEARS!
 
I thought we should do something a little extra special and I booked us a night in the Anniversary Inn in Boise. I originally got the cheapest room (which I was still excited for) and signed up to receive text deals. A couple days later I got a text saying you could book any room in January for $149. So I called and for just $10 more I was able to switch to the $300 room. Booyah!
 
We started the day with the drive up to Boise, stopping to drop off Clara in Hagerman (thanks G-pop & Gma Mary!) and to get our free oil change in Mountain Home. We then dropped off Maylee with Aunt Kristin & Uncle Sergio. It was our first weekend alone (minus that one ER visit...) You tend to take these things for granted before you have kids.
 
I had Dennis all to myself! Bwahaha! (Evil crazy mom laugh...)
 
We went and saw Life of Pi in 3D. Significant because that was the book on tape we listened to during our June honeymoon trip to Yellowstone.
 
Afterwards we went to Goodwood Barbecue for dinner. Significant because that's where we ate our wedding dinner. :) YUM!
 
Then we stopped by and fed Maylee and put her down for the night. (perks of having her come to Boise with us!) She fell right asleep and stayed asleep until 5:30AM (something she hasn't been doing for many months) and that was certainly an answer to prayer. I was worried they would be up all night with her.
 
Then we finally headed to our Sleeping Beauty Suite at the hotel.




Honestly, it's a little over-the-top... But isn't love rediculous and cheesy sometimes? I thought it was quite fun. :) I wouldn't mind going back again. And really, I thought it was a good deal (when it's half off, of course!)

The room had a big jetted tub in the foyer on the other side of the draw bridge & painted on moat (complete with plaster alligator) There is a little dining area downstairs and a wooden staircaise leading upstairs to the balcony above the drawbridge and a round bed inside the castle turret. The TV was mounted to the sloping ceiling. All the lights had dimmers and they had sparkling cider on ice with champagne flutes and cheesecake and waters in the fridge. When we walked in there was romantic music playing on the TV.

Dennis and I just kind of laughed. I guess you just have to know our relationship. I used to think that love was all about flowery language, love notes and little surprises. I have come to find that a daily full dishwasher and a surprise scraped off windshield mean so much more to me than public declarations of neverending un-dying affection. I can always count on him to hold my hand and that truly means love to me.

Anyway, enough with the mushy stuff. I love my husband. He makes me so crazy, rediculously, spastically happy it's gross.

When we checked into the hotel they had us fill out a breakfast card with what we'd like to eat and when we wanted them to bring it. 8:30 was a little early, but oh well. We had a baby to go steal back! There was a knock at the door and breakfast waiting for us on a tray. I was really expecting a lil' cinnamon roll with a small shot of orange juice but we each got two drinks, a parfait, and then our breakfast selection (humongous cinnamon roll for me and a ham & cheese crescent for Dennis). I was quite satisfied. :)


We picked up Maylee from Kristin & Serigio's church (she went to Sacrament Meeting with them since they just moved to 9:00 church) and then we got Clara and made it home to our branch for a beautiful Sacrament Meeting. And then Monday was MLK Day and Dennis had work off and we just hung out. My only regret is that I never got a picture with the two of us. :( I take a zillion pictures of the kids but I guess I will just be there in spirit only since I'm always behind the camera.

It was the best weekend ever (minus our wedding, and both of our children's births that fell on a Saturday & Sunday...)

5 YEARS! Woot woot! What fun it's been. :)


2 comments:

  1. FUN! And funny you chose to do that...we've never done anything like that (except for our Honeymoon) and we are planning something like that for our 5th too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun anniversary! 5 years...really? Time flies. Your room looks awesome. We have stayed at the salt lake anniversary inn aa few times and loved it. Glad you got to go all out for your fifth!

    ReplyDelete