As of about 1:00 on Monday, April 5th, I'm an aunt!
Meet Jace, son of Josh & Donielle Leavitt. He is 8 lbs on the dot, and boy does this boy have a lot of hair! What a cutie! Here's a picture of my mom- first time grandma! Wahoo!
Dennis, with the cutest little baby burrito!
Alea: Now you remember which doors we're supposed to go through the next time we come here, right? (We got lost trying to find Josh & Donielle's room... Embarrasing because the hospital isn't very big, and because we passed the labor & delivery wing like 3 times)
Dennis: Yep.
Alea: Good. (30 second pause) Are you ready for this?
Dennis: Nope.
Alea: Me neither!
~
I have a confession to make... I don't know a thing about babies. I was only 5 or 6 when my youngest sibling was born, so I don't remember helping with him until he was a toddler. I babysat twice growing up (between piano lessons, dance class, soccer, basketball, cheer, softball, church activities, etc. I never had the time...) and the second time I got puked all over because I gave a sick kid skittles. Genious. I taught primary once. I've never been so scared and overwhelmed in my life. I don't know how to hold a baby. I've maybe changed three diapers ever. Feeding and burping? Not a clue. Bathing? That will be an adventure.... And "holding" Jace yesterday (one hand under his neck, the other awkwardly on his bottom, and the mistified look on my face must've scared his mother half to death...) made me realize that I really, truly don't have the slightest clue. But... Like the saying goes, "experience is the best teacher."
...Right?
~
I may not have the magical baby skills that many other women have, but I can sew Clara some cute bedding and teach her some awesome cheerleading skills if she wants, because after all, that's what really counts in life. Lol.
~
...My poor child!
No way Alea. You are going to be a total natural. That baby will know no mommy but you and you will be what she will prefer! You'll be a great mom. Just wait until you see her for the first time!
ReplyDeleteIt is fun that you are having a baby so close to Josh. Tyrel's Julia is just 4 months younger than David.
You are going to be just fine!! Motherhood is an adventure, if my kids have survived, yours will too. You can always call me I am just around the corner!!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to do wonderful! And...you have a whole lot of people with LOTS of experience who love you who are MORE than willing to help! Call us any time!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are all so nice! Don't be surprised if you do get a phone call ("is THIS normal?") haha...
ReplyDeleteKayla- I've been blogstalking your family (if you didn't know that already) and I've read Tyrel & Suzie's blog and I love it! That is so exciting to have cousins so close together. I'm excited because Clara will have two cousins her age (within a month on either side probably!)
Um....Alea. Im not kidding, I cant think of a more prepared person in my life!! You will be a great mom. You are so cute. Im SO excited to see how adorable she is! :) Cute blog by the way:)
ReplyDelete