Friday, December 9, 2011

It's a...


Dennis and I are so excited to announce that we will be having another girl this spring! Boy will that be handy since we already have girl clothes in all the right season... Now we'll just see if she decides to wait to come until her sister's birthday. Wouldn't Clara just love that???


We went in for my 20 week appointment on Monday and got the second trimester ultrasound. We were in there for a looooong time because the baby wasn't cooperating so well. She showed us that she was a she quickly enough, but it was all the other really important stuff that she didn't want to share with the ultrasound tech. Finally she was able to get images of everything but the heart... They could only find three of the four chambers. The doctor says that we shouldn't worry because if she did only develop three chambers she would have manifested that in other ways by growing disproportionately. Her legs and abdomen and head are all proportionate for a 20 week old fetus, so they aren't concerned enough to do a heart scan (or something I don't remember the exact terms for.) They will just check up on her with another ultrasound in two months when she and I have grown a bit more and it's easier to get the right angles to see her.

So, I'm going to take Doctor Allen's advice and try not to worry... But holy cow is that a hard thing to do! Instead we'll just focus on narrowing down our list of names. I just seem to find more to add to it all the time!


P.S. Thank you Tara for taking these pictures. We literally ran outside at 5:05 and the light was gone by 5:10... But that's okay because I think it was like 18 degrees outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment