I spy with my little eye... The most random junk you will ever find, all on my bedside dresser! 
Let's see... There's the not so weird stuff: Lotion, Perfume, glasses, my bible, a jewelry box... But then there's peanut butter (Clara's doing, not a hungered pregnant lady!), a baby monitor (not so weird, but we NEVER used it, and there it still sits), paperwork from a cheer camp I did this summer...
a fifty dollar bill (not the safest place in the world to store your cash), a dozen un-sharpened pencils, candy wrappers, other garbage, two flavors of deodorant, and three sticks of lip balm that I can never seem to locate when I actually need them!
The Task: Take everything off the surface, organize jewelry box, move dresser to other side of corner, and attach the mirror.
Time Spent: About 2 hours
The Results: I want my bedroom to be a place that I enjoy being. I want to be able to retreat there after a long day and not see more mess. I want our room to be a sanctuary of sorts- a place to relax. It is soo hard to relax with so much clutter! It just so happens that the places that company doesn't ever see are the most neglected by me.
I love this dresser that used to belong to my parents. It is beautifully and sturdily constructed, it's just seen a LOT of wear and use through the years. My uncle did a beautiful job restoring the mirror part as a gift to my parents years ago, and it's just been sitting in the office closet since Dennis and I have been married. I hope to someday refinish the rest of the piece (maybe when the weather warms up again), but I really wanted to put the mirror up regardless of the shape of the base. It's just so pretty!
I'm not a fan of the symmetry here, but I'll figure out something. I found a crate to hold my tissue box and lotions, you can't really see it but my perfumes are on a long shell tile tray.
(Don't mind my charger. I'll move it to the outlet behind the bed.) I also don't really love having it up against my bed like that but I moved it for 2 reasons. 1) so I can reach a drink or cracker in the middle of the night without having to sit all the way up and lean out of bed and 2) This way there will be room for the bassinet in 3 1/2 months when this baby girl comes!
Just a couple more projects and our bedroom will be an organized, pleasant place to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment