Thursday, December 15, 2011

Organize: My closet

Are you ready for this? Ahhh!!!

This is what often greets me when I walk into my bedroom... I have a problem problems! If there's an empty surface, it will become a landing place for stuff! All the clothes in this post are clean, most of them cast-offs from trying to find something to wear to Dennis' work party a couple weeks ago.

This is after I took out half the clothes and put them on the night stand on the previous picture... Usually I have to jam the hangers against the wall to fit any more clothes in. I also just throw all my clean workout clothes on the top shelf. No order to the madness... Just up there.
 
Oye! This is a little stand between mine & Dennis' closet. It used to have a vase on it until Clara kept knocking it down. Now it is another surface to lay clothes on. Clean laundry in the basket... Just not put away.
 

The task: Hang up clean clothes, move "regular" clothes to the back and maternity clothes to the front, get rid of clothes I don't wear, organize spaces for workout clothes, organize sock/underwear drawers.

Time spent: A little over 2 hours

The results:

I have two of the same frumpy second-hand maternity dresses. Why do I have two? Well, my favorite place to shop s a little thrift store downtown that has a monthly quarter sale. I bought each of these for a quarter on separate trips this summer. I have kept both... I do not know why. They aren't even cute. But one is now going back to the thrift store!!!

I did not show the before pic of this one because of all of my visible "unmentionables,"  but after much cleaning here are my plastic tupperware drawers. I LOVE these things! I think I need more for other places in the house. :) I fold my pj's and put them on top of the drawers.

I also love these wire baskets above my shelves. I want more of those too. :) Now my workout pants, capris, shorts, and tops are all separate. I also decided to take all my grungy work tees off the hangers to save space and folded them on the shelf.

The box is full of stuff to refashion, the other pile is to donate (will make the trip tomorrow), the top drawer is full of socks and the bottom drawer is EMPTY! I'm sure I'll find something to fill it up soon... Now to find something to put as decoration on top of the drawers so that I'm not tempted to fill it with clothes!!!

Basket full of swimming stuff,The floor is reserved for duffel bags and my belts. I need a better way to organize my belts. Any ideas???

Plan for upkeep: Don't go to bed without folding/hanging everything back up. Weekly scan shelves to make sure they stay folded/separate.

1 comment:

  1. I know this may seem stupid and lack the creativity of your other posts but I put all of my belts on one hanger, over the curved hanging part, I use the same hanger to hang all of my tights, since they are so thin and light it makes no sense to me for them to all have a designated hanger.. lol

    ReplyDelete