Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Organize: The piano

This is one I did before Christmas. I haven't done a whole lot of house projects this past week (and understandably so!) after my computer issues and trying to get all the last minute Christmas prep done. Christmas was fabulous and I will share more from this weekend later, but for now here's the poor piano...

 

It's not supposed to be a landing place for mail and paperwork, but it often becomes that. AND, Clara loves to climb on the keys and drag down everything that's on top the piano. Usually I have my Nativity set up there, but that would just be way too accessible for my little toddler!

The Task: File paperwork, hang Christmas cards on the fridge, find decor that Clara can't hurt too bad, & replace the old piano books in the bench (that I never play) with the music I do play (that used to be in a basket beside the piano... Until Clara became mobile about a year ago!)
Time Spent: 1 hour

The results: I'm not sure I like what's on top of the piano now, but I suppose it will get changed out soon enough with Christmas already being over and all! :-( For being the very first thing you see when you walk in the front or side door I think I need to work harder at not ever using the piano as a junk resting spot.

I also like having my books in the bench now... So I don't have to go back and fourth between the piano and the office when I want to play something. Clara has figured out everything else in this house, but she still hasn't ever opened the bench (knock on wood!)



Oh, did you notice my sweet farmhouse window? I found this guy at a yard sale a year and a half ago at a yard sale for $3. Yay! Just this 4th of July did I get around to painting it up into "Old Glory." I'd like to add some vinyl (est. 1776) on the bottom, and maybe twine or berries or something above it to embellish it... But that probably won't get done until next Independence day! Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment