1) It's Friday. But not only is it Friday, Dennis has worked late this week so he's off early today! I love it when that happens and I get to steal him away for myself! (I'm kind of selfish with his time like that...)
2) It's my sis-in-law's birthday today. Happy Birthday Donielle! We love you and miss you and think you're awesome because you're one of the few people that reads this blog... Basically I post for you and grandma June because everyone else has facebook! ;-) ...It might be a bit of therapy for me too, so I'm glad you enjoy reading my rants too! Haha
3) It's 60-something outside today. Not my favorite (I prefer the 80's) but I'll take that over the 50-something it has been lately.
4) Clara hasn't removed her own diaper once, hence no poop or pee to scrub out of the carpet. I am SOOO HAPPY about that!
5) Thanks to facebook, I have learned that it is Star Wars day... "May the fourth be with you!" I suddenly have the desire to watch the Phantom Menace. I do believe I used to annoy my friends and family by quoting that entire movie any time we watched it. (Sorry Kayla!) I also may have had a minorly major crush on the young Ewan McGreggor Obi Wan.
5) It was five years ago today that Dennis and I officially met at a "Sumo de Mayo" institute dance (you know those huge sumo wrestling suits? Yeah... They had those), and
I came home after the dance and told my grandma all about the handsome guy I met... How he was a really good dancer and spoke Spanish so well! We probably danced half the night together. I might have left out that he liked to dance really close... And how he showed me a picture of his cows & dog on his phone (I'm not sure why... Maybe to get my phone number?) Oh, and how he practically sprinted out of the building after I left so that he could get my phone number. And you know what? I gladly gave it to him. :) And he called. And we went on another date. And went to Cold Stone. And I ordered vanilla ice cream with cookie dough. Except the lady must not have heard the cookie dough part because she gave me plain vanilla. And I was too shy to say anything about it... Who orders plain vanilla at cold stone?!? That's some expensive vanilla ice cream! Anyway, I'm glad Dennis didn't think I was too weird after all that and continued to call (and date) me. :) It's funny how things just fell into place during our courtship. I wasn't looking for a relationship by any means, but it was just so... easy. I didn't have plans for the summer, but I had applied for a coaching position at O'Leary Jr. High. I found out I would get to interview for the job soon after getting home to McCall for the summer... So I came back, interviewed, went on another lunch date with Dennis (to Prasais... Yum!) then went home to McCall. Then I had to come back again to conduct tryouts before O'Leary got out for the summer... And then I ended up staying most of the rest of the summer for O'Leary and CSI cheer practices and camps, etc.. I was pretty bummed to miss summer in McCall, but I still managed to have the best summer ever here with Dennis!
Anyway, feliz cuatro de Mayo!
![]() |
| One of our engagement photos... Taken by the beautiful, amazing, Staci Spinder :) |

Oh I read your blog all the time! I love it:)
ReplyDeleteashisbatgirl.blogspot.com
Why do I remember staring at an Obi Wan poster on your ceiling? Did this actually happen?
ReplyDeleteYes Kayla... I hung an obi wan poster on my ceiling above my bed. :) *sigh* I really have to get my hands on a copy of the phantom menace now. I miss it!
DeleteI know. I have many good memories of that movie including getting to see the midnight showing with my dad. Awesome.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete