Friday, May 11, 2012

Maylee {3.5 weeks old}



Maylee has almost been with us for a month. Crazy! She is a good baby and her mommy & daddy & big sister love her very much! She eats just like she should (I might be overcompensating a bit for Clara's super skinniness because I think she's had some rolls appear these past few days) and is a fabulous night sleeper. She'll eat at 11, wake up to eat at 2:30 & 7:00 and sleep until 10:00. It's great because it gives me time to get Clara changed and fed and spend some one-on-one time with her before I spend the rest of the afternoon giving May the majority of the attention. I attribute Maylee's great night sleeping to the fact that Clara won't let her sleep during the day. She could care less when she's awake, but when she's sleeping she thinks it's the perfect time to give her slobbery kisses on the head and get in her face and shake her hand and poke her with toys...

One thing I have learned about Maylee is that she really hates her car seat. Clara never liked her car seat either but it would always put her to sleep really quickly. Maylee cried the entire ride to Jerome and back (about 20 minutes one-way) a few days ago. I'm hoping car rides get a little better... Not that we really plan on going anywhere soon.

I just used up her last newborn size diapers and she now wears ones. She still wears the littlest of the NB sized clothes, but they are starting to get short on her.

She likes to sleep on her side. She hates cold wet wipes. She didn't mind her first "real" bath (we were sure to keep her warm). She's a bit of a momma's girl. She likes being held and fusses/cries if she is put down. She sleeps much more soundly if she's held or next to me or Dennis. She likes to look you in the eyes and can hold her head up for a second to do so. She doesn't like when I play guitar. She also doesn't like hats, headbands, or binkies (I think I waited too long to give it to her again). Her burps and hiccups could rival those of her father. She smiles as she's falling asleep. She brings us happiness and reminds me to be grateful for all the many good things in my life (even if they come with dirty diapers & tantrums!)

No comments:

Post a Comment